Acne is a common condition that can present as blackheads, whiteheads, pimples, and cysts on the face, neck or body. It may be influenced by hormonal changes, medications, and oil-based products.
Although acne can clear up on its own, active disease may adversely affect quality of life and if severe, may lead to permanent scarring. Treatment Programs are personalized for management of active acne and maintenance/prevention strategies. We offer laser resurfacing for acne scarring.
Zero Downtime and Immediate Results!
I’ve received compliments from friends and family regarding my new “youthful’ and “dewy” complexion. I’ve been in the Cosmetics industry for more than 30 years. If you want your skin picture ready for grad, a wedding, Instagram or any occasion, I highly recommend this procedure. All I can say is “wow”! Thank you Dr. Leia!
Therapeutic Options for Acne
Laser Genesis is a non-ablative gentle laser treatment that can be used while acne is active. This 30-minute procedure with no downtime, reduces post-inflammatory redness and shrinks acne prone glands through the delivery of micro-pulses of laser energy. A series of 6 treatments scheduled 2-4 weeks apart is recommended.
Fraxel re:store Dual: a non-ablative fractional laser that targets deep acne scars and can be used once active acne has cleared. It induces the production of collagen to improve the appearance of scars and the texture of the skin. A series of 4 treatments scheduled 4-6 weeks apart is recommended.
Microneedling: to improve skin texture.
Secret RF: Microneedling combined with radiofrequency.
Options for Skin Care
- LHA Cleansing Gel: a combination of lipo-hydroxy, glycolic, and salicylic acids, helps to remove excess oils and makeup from the skin, while decongesting pores
- LHA Toner: uses glycolic and lipo-hydroxy acid to decongest pores and remove dead skin cells from the skin’s surface
- Blemish and Age Defense: oil-free serum that contains 2% dioic acid and a blend of both alpha and beta-hydroxy acids to improve the appearance of pores, fine lines and wrinkles
- Medicated Wash: containing 2% salicylic, this antimicrobial 2-in-1 product helps kill acne forming bacteria, preventing future breakouts
- Acne Treatment Cream: using 5% benzoyl peroxide, this product can be used as an effective spot treatment for occasional blemishes
- AHA/BHA Exfoliating Cream: the combination of alpha and beta-hydroxy acids helps to exfoliate the skin and also provides anti-aging benefits